Skip to main content

CELEBRATING 42 Years of Life


 Celebrating 42 years


Swiss Alps ~ Groenenbach, Allgau

Today is my 42nd Anniversary.

I remember clearly 42 years ago yesterday when I arrived to the most amazing healing clinic in Grönenbach, Allgäu, Germany.

My battle with alcohol had come to an end and I was ready to change my life. However, I arrived to Munich three days prior to entering the clinic.

Immediately I thought I do not have a problem since I was sitting in with new friends from Argentina with 7 whiskeys in front of me and I was not drunk.

Nevertheless, 3 days later I found myself in great need of help.

I was wondering where I was going to land, since I had had been in other not so pleasant places before seeking help.

To my surprise this place was heaven on Earth. I arrived in the most expensive taxi, I have ever paid in my entire life, since I had missed the last train from Munich to Groenenbach.

A kind gentleman in his forties, received me with a smile on his face and said, "Ich bin deinen Patin," (I am your Godfather), what he meant was he was going to be my guide while I was there if I needed anything.

As I stepped in through the doors there was a huge sign to my right that read

"Es ist keine Schande krank zu sein
aber es ist eine Schande
nichts dagegen zu tun."

"It is not a shame
to be dealing with an illness
yet it is a shame
not to do something about it"

He guided me to my room where there was a roommate and there my journey began.

The next day 42 years ago today I walked into this huge meeting where they were over 100 people, and they were all forming a circle and, in the center, were the main doctors who were all dressed like anyone else.

They sat me in the middle circle where all the newcomers sat with the main therapists. Dr. Konrad Stauss, the Chefartzt and director of the Klinik, gave me such a hard time with tough love that I cried and then stepped back, where somebody grabbed me from the back and hugged me.

In that moment he saved my life ~ I have never picked up a drink ever since.

During my stay, which was the best thing that could have ever happened to me, it was beautiful, full of Love, full of therapies that were healing like bonding, emmoraum, yoga and many others that healed and open the soul back to life.

Within 7 weeks, I had a very powerful spiritual experience within. One night I had a lot of pressure in my head, to where I found myself lying in bed, my head was spinning and I said, " I GIVE UP!!" It was a moment of full surrender, where this incredible shower of light took over me. And this immense peace took over my mind heart and soul.

It was incredible! the next day I had to lead a meeting. That same meeting I had walked in on my first day 7 weeks ago.

I was in the presence of God, the Light and I could see everybody with so much love and light and a Presence that is unexplainable.

I learned that for me God is just pure light, pure love, that loves every single one of us no matter who or what we've done. He loves each person the same way without exception.

He doesn't judge or point the finger at anyone. He doesn't punish or any of that. He only loves each of us immensely, absolutely and continually.

I have been through many trials and many challenging times during these 42 years. But I have never picked up a drink.

I have many awakenings on my spiritual path, this was only the beginning.

3 years ago I had the opportunity to go back. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think of going there again to help a friend and stayed for 6 weeks.

They have the most amazing therapies . They have upgraded in many ways, offering additional therapies like acupuncture, Physical therapy, massage, Watsu with Frau Doser who I adore & remain friends with.

They are the most amazing therapist of the whole wide world, with a program that is sustainable with very positive results.

Konrad Stauss is no longer with us, yet he left us a legacy that now is being continued by Dr Jochen Von Wahlert, the director of the Klinik an amazing human being and friend (with me in this photo.)



Alcoholism is a terrible disease, as is any kind or form of addiction. If you are dealing with any form of addiction, please reach out for help. there's so much help out there today as a compared to 42 years ago.

And yes, I have been through many trials during these 42 years, some, where I have never thought I would make it or pull through, but here I am today grateful for my life, grateful for every day, grateful for all the beautiful and powerful souls that have helped me on my path, including my family, friends and spiritual teachers and masters.

Fully grateful for that light, that powerful light that lies within us all and brings forth many miracles.

That amazing, brilliant Light, my beautiful Source, protector & eternal companion, GOD, that keeps me going & growing every day towards my full freedom as a soul.





And remember no matter how dark the clouds can get in a storm the sun is always shining on the other side... always... and eventually it will win.

With all my love,

Barbara C Brose

P. S. I highly recommend going to this place if you are able to. Even if it is just for going in deeper within yourself. It is an experience I highly recommend for anyone on your path. Feel free to PM. for more information, or if you just want to reach out for any for of help, I will be happy to guide you in the right direction.

Choose Life, Choose your Freedom, Choose you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Qualifying for the Olympics

  QUALIFYING for the OLYMPICS Here's to Sports The Olympics have brought many memories to my mind, which was one of the best periods of my life, when I was a swimmer. In 1975 I qualified to go to the Olympics in Canada the following year 1976. (Mark Spitz time) I still remember when I received that phone call. I believe it was a phone call or a telegram but I'm very sure. I really think it was a phone call where I was told that I was the only swimmer who had qualified to go to the Olympics in Canada in 1976. My circumstances did not allow me to go at the time. I started swimming when I was young but didn't swim competitively in a more serious way, until I was 12 years old. I used to do meets in school and Country Club etc. Then, my mother did not know what to do with me because I was so hyperactive, and she decided to join me in a swim t​eam. I remember ​that day clearly, when I arrived at the Olympic pool that was 50 meters long and stepp​ed into a circle of all the res

Melilla and her Magical Friend

Melilla and Her Magical Friend It was the crack of dawn. Melilla was sitting at the porch. She had a blank look starring into the horizon. It had been a long and dreary night.  She sat on her rocking wooden peach swing, dangling her feet, mesmerized by the beauty of the morning, as she wiped her tears that fell like silent drops into the mug of her morning tea. The road had been too long. Her muscles ached and her heart churned. How long was this going to take place? she wondered. As she looked down and stared at the floor, swinging gently back and forth. Carrying the world on her shoulders. All of a sudden this tiny glimmer of light came flying towards her and sat on  her  right lap. It was very diamondly sparkly.  As she got closer, she saw that this sparkly dangling light had tiny baby wings on it. Silent giggles arrived at her eardrums, laughter and joy secretly reached her heart from. It was a Fairy. Althought she always had wished for it, she had never