Skip to main content

The Hawk... a message...

The Hawk






It was three in the afternoon. Again my fear grew within that the clock might be ticking at a speed slower than before. It was a moment of decision. I sat in the garden. I looked at the sky, not knowing what life had before me. My heart had a desire to live, yet was confused.

Then I heard a screech, new to me. I looked far to the left and very far away was a hawk, flying in circles. I stared at it and told it to come to me. I focused my mind and heart. He started flying in circles, circles, circles, as he got closer and closer and closer. He came and flew near and above me, making a large circle then another round around the sun then flew away into the horizon. I paused and wondered. That previous night I had asked a friend for healing energy and prayers. I told him about my experience with the hawk. He responded saying, "Hawks are my totem animal," as he said that it made me trust and know Spirit was guiding me. Where? I did not know.

I told my neighbors... "... interesting, never seen a hawk here all these years."

Difficult times, difficult decisions to make. A move. to where? I did not know. A temporary move? a permanent move? my mind spun.

It was noon days later. The pressure was on, from all directions. I moved to go sit in the garden. Similar spot, another day at another hour. I paused. When suddenly I heard the same screech again. I looked up and there it was, coming from another direction. Yet was very a far. The hawk. I stared at it and called him as he flew around and around in circles until he reached me, as if he heard me, felt me.

This time he came a lot closer. Flew in a circle above my head and moved on. This happened a few other days, weeks ahead different days at different hours. On one day, he came very low near my left shoulder. I was surprised and wondered. Did he really hear my call? was he truly answering? could he feel my love for him, for nature, for life? was it God? saying everything is going to turn out beautifully?  The pain in my heart and soul were such that I needed to believe that.

One day the pressure got harder. I had prayed to find a place here to sort out my mind, my feelings my thoughts. I had put an ad in a site and a woman responded saying she had a place that fit my  budget, with 2 acres of woods as a garden, in a far away little town. My heart jumped and I organized to go see it. As I arrived, I stepped out of the car and saw her. She smiled. She looked very latin.

"Hi," I said, "are you latin?"

"Yes!" she answered with a broad smile.

"Where from?"

"Guatemala," she smiled again. " and you?"

"Me too" I giggled.

"really!" she responded. "that's great! not many people from Guatemala around here... Come in..."

We both laughed and connected. It was incredible!

The place. Beautiful! A perfect place to be as I sort out my heart, my soul and my mind to what is to come next. It has a beautiful porch and has 2 acres of trees, wild life, nature and the air is pure. Purer than I have ever experienced before. The move was simple and I rejoiced. Still in doubt, but also in trust and confidence. This is located around 20 minutes away from where I was. The pressure was off. Thank goodness.

The next day, after moving, I sat by the porch and watched and listened to nature. After a few minutes. I heart that screech, that now familiar sound. Yes there he was... a hawk! He flew around in circles from the forrest until it arrived above my head and flew in a big circle above and around my head, close, very close, then flew into the woods. I couldn't believe it!

Two days ago. I had the same experience a call a little different it was a huge hawk. He flew before me with its huge extended wings and called for at least 20 minutes. It was breathtaking, flying before me in circles... wanting to tell me something... reminding me that I am at the right place in the right time and making me think... God has a plan...

I will listen...





My upstairs neighbor from Guatemala... "really? I have never seen a hawk since I have lived here..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Miracle in Disguise

FRAU HERMIN A week ago I receive a message on Facebook from someone: "Did you go to the German School by any chance?" to which I responded a, "Yes! why?"  "I have something for you. Do you have whatsapp?" "Yes, here is my number." I replied. What he shared with me pulled me right out of my socks. I The bell rang. It was time. It was time for that class. It was time for that class that I dreaded so much. I had arrived early that morning on the bus that crossed the bumpy road to the main gate, where all the school buses parked. My leather backpack was somewhat heavy, yet I loved it. It was given to me by my mother. We had bought it in a nice place at "el mercado de artesanias." It was a good partner in my first days of school, learning how to read and write and the gist of things in the world of education.  The school had recently moved to that far away location, that stood proud in the lands of my countr

Emilia's Secret Wish

Emilia's Secret Wish Emilia was swinging under the tree in the Autumn garden. Her beautiful long young hair was set up in a nice ponytail sealed with bows of pink and purple.  As she dangled herself back and forth, she looked  up to stare at the clear blue skies that were gently brushed by a soft white cloud here and there. Wondering! This was the very day. She wanted to be with her daddy, who was far far away where only birds could fly or only those big big heavy metal machines could arrive. She then swang slowly until she came to a full stop, dragging her feet in the dusty dirt beneath the swing looking down at her pearl white shiny "charol" shoes. A knot welled up in her throat as tears began to trickle down her seven-year-old cheeks.  Then she remembered that her purse was hanging across her chest. She slit her small hand into it and took out her tiny little Minnie Mouse coin purse and began to count 25 cents, 50 cents, a dollar, $2, until

'Dora' the Lady Bug

Dora  the Miracle Lady Bug Nature always speaks to us, through its many colors, contours, winds and airs, sounds and mysteries, and especially through animals and their unique characteristics and totem meanings and scriptures. I really believe animals speak to us every day giving us messages to help us have a more meaningful life, filled with magic in a deeper sense and sensibility .  I woke up early that morning, grabbed my iphone and walked towards the porch to have my morning green juice, then placed my iphone" (addictive as it is) on the rim of the porch. When suddenly I became aware that there was a beautiful orange ladybug with a glow of a big hello. I greeted it with  a smile and felt great joy in my heart for they represent good fortune, and other deeper totem meanings, plus are so beautiful an vibrant. After a moment I became aware that it could not fly. It tried several times to stretch its wings yet one of them seemed to not work very well. Somehow