Skip to main content

A Dream and the Heart


The Signs

"When you want something,
all of the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"


Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist~





I was feeling worn out. I had reached a place within me where enough is enough. A set of events culminated and took me to live in a very parasidic garden. In Truth. A wonderful miracle. I felt very lucky when I arrived and sad and overwhelmed at the same time. One big step had taken place and yet I did not know what would follow in my life.

My book manuscript is finally finished. Its title is "Petals ~ Petalos". soon it will be in your hands, very soon. I always dreamed that Paulo Coelho would read it and write a comment for its back cover.

Some nights ago, I could not sleep. I felt my life was not moving forward since the adjustment to the changes. I felt stuck.

That night it was 2 am. My soul was restless. Suddenly an idea came into my mind and I started pondering of how I could send a message to Paulo Coelho. I got into Facebook and looked him up and saw that his message button was available. I did not know if it was the real him, him. Since the majority of celebrities have other people or agents to take care of their media.

Still, I took a chance and wrote him. I shared that I had written my first book and would be grateful if he could give me some guidance for the final revision, then went back to sleep. The next day I thought, "I don't know if it is the real him, him. Or if he would receive my message. Most probably not. For me, the important thing was that I had sent a sign to the Universe that I wanted to contact and communicate with Paulo Coelho.

So I got up and started doing my chores. When suddenly I hear the bling ring of my messenger and did not know who it was. I kept doing my activities and was involved in them. When something nudged me within to go check the messages. It was from him! I started reading it and felt, it was the real him him, the real Paulo Coelho. I couldn't believe it!

His words, the sound of the voice, the energy behind it all were unmistakable. A truly extraordinary magic moment. I felt as if though this powerful, expansive, wave of energy filled with love and understanding showered over me. Indescribable. My soul's heart smiled. He shared some ideas that I could apply and several of his links.

He wrote these words, messages from his books:

"Follow your dreams and your dreams will follow you."

"Observe the signs and follow your heart."

The rest of what he wrote me. I would like to keep to myself.

Still I was in doubt if it was him, the real him, him or not. Something said yes, because of the experience that I had in that moment, yet there was that little sense, that little nudge.

The next day I decided to sit in my back porch. A gift from God with two acres of woods as my garden, and started meditating and observing the trees that swayed with the wind that blew and caressed their skins. I went into the silence to listen to the whispers that the woods held within them. A secret garden.

On my right side by the wooden rims there was a cardinal bird greeting me with its song. Then two squirrels were running, playing in the garden falling in love with each other. At a far I could hear the loud screech of my beloved hawk. Then a chipmunk came to stand near the doorsteps greeting me hugging its little hands, while butterflies glided disappearing in the uncombed branches of the trees. And a wood pecker with its red crown on the tree next to me knocking its way to the top, as a little blue lizard hid itself in the rocks before me. This is what this garden holds... magical!!

Then suddenly I looked up into the heavens. What I saw. Surprised me. The whole sky was covered with the leaves of the tree tops except one little window that formed a perfect heart. In that moment a warm sense of Peace took over me, reconfirming that I was at the right place at the right time where my soul needed to be in that now moment.






To me it was a further confirmation that it was the real Paulo Coelho who had written me, leaving me a footprint, a smile and a sign. The thoughts that passed through my mind again, were :


"Observe the signs and follow your Heart"


Almost every day I sit on the porch to view my garden. Where the tree top branches cover the skies except one little window that forms a beautiful and open heart towards the heavens. Even though I did not get a signature from him for the back cover of my book, a thread of magical events had taken place, making me realize perhaps it need not be.







A few days later I was able to take a better picture. This experience made me ponder and realize that all dreams are possible.

That life is filled with magic, every day in the corner of a wonderful place that we as humans call... life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Miracle in Disguise

FRAU HERMIN A week ago I receive a message on Facebook from someone: "Did you go to the German School by any chance?" to which I responded a, "Yes! why?"  "I have something for you. Do you have whatsapp?" "Yes, here is my number." I replied. What he shared with me pulled me right out of my socks. I The bell rang. It was time. It was time for that class. It was time for that class that I dreaded so much. I had arrived early that morning on the bus that crossed the bumpy road to the main gate, where all the school buses parked. My leather backpack was somewhat heavy, yet I loved it. It was given to me by my mother. We had bought it in a nice place at "el mercado de artesanias." It was a good partner in my first days of school, learning how to read and write and the gist of things in the world of education.  The school had recently moved to that far away location, that stood proud in the lands of my countr

Emilia's Secret Wish

Emilia's Secret Wish Emilia was swinging under the tree in the Autumn garden. Her beautiful long young hair was set up in a nice ponytail sealed with bows of pink and purple.  As she dangled herself back and forth, she looked  up to stare at the clear blue skies that were gently brushed by a soft white cloud here and there. Wondering! This was the very day. She wanted to be with her daddy, who was far far away where only birds could fly or only those big big heavy metal machines could arrive. She then swang slowly until she came to a full stop, dragging her feet in the dusty dirt beneath the swing looking down at her pearl white shiny "charol" shoes. A knot welled up in her throat as tears began to trickle down her seven-year-old cheeks.  Then she remembered that her purse was hanging across her chest. She slit her small hand into it and took out her tiny little Minnie Mouse coin purse and began to count 25 cents, 50 cents, a dollar, $2, until

'Dora' the Lady Bug

Dora  the Miracle Lady Bug Nature always speaks to us, through its many colors, contours, winds and airs, sounds and mysteries, and especially through animals and their unique characteristics and totem meanings and scriptures. I really believe animals speak to us every day giving us messages to help us have a more meaningful life, filled with magic in a deeper sense and sensibility .  I woke up early that morning, grabbed my iphone and walked towards the porch to have my morning green juice, then placed my iphone" (addictive as it is) on the rim of the porch. When suddenly I became aware that there was a beautiful orange ladybug with a glow of a big hello. I greeted it with  a smile and felt great joy in my heart for they represent good fortune, and other deeper totem meanings, plus are so beautiful an vibrant. After a moment I became aware that it could not fly. It tried several times to stretch its wings yet one of them seemed to not work very well. Somehow