Skip to main content

Bitty the Bee

Bitty the Bee



Totem Meaning of Bees:


Good luck, prosperity, good fortune, sweetness, kindness


Spring has come in full bloom with all its beautiful colors, luscious trees and exquisite nature animals in all of its variety of shapes, forms, expressions and sizes. Among them there was Bitty, Bitty the Bee. She had been dancing from flower to flower, from purple ones, to red ones to yellow and fuchsia ones. Drinking its nectar pollinating and singing a song of joy. Loving every minute of it.

When all of a sudden she flew into a trap. Oh no! What to do now?  She had flown into a screen door, a screen window and could not find its way out. How to come out of it? She fought and flew and wrestled and struggled to go through the screen, only to find herself exhausted.

When I noticed her 'kampf' I opened all the screen doors as much as possible in hopes that she would find her way out.  When noticing that she had not succeeded I grabbed a gentle light stick to see if she would sit on it to get her out, and with the tip of it had gently tapped on one of her delicate motor wings and was afraid it had been hurt,  in hopes of not. Instead she flew up up, where I could not reach her.  She was perhaps wondering where did it all go? Where did all that Spring beauty? Pollination fun go?

I did not know what to do and decided to let it be for a while and decided to give it its space to figure it out. Upon checking after some time had gone by, I realized that the bee had been gone. She seemed to have found her way out back into the enticing beauty she had cherished previously. Hopefully reunited with her friends and family. A sigh of relief took over me, and a smile painted itself on my pleased face.


II


As I woke up the next morning and took a couple steps into my porch, something drew me to the lower part of the porch screen, where Bitty was still there! She was sitting holding tightly on to it as if for her life. She seemed to be stiff. Was she alive? Could she move? Fly?

As I got closer, I noticed that she could hardly move and that she was indeed, barely alive. I rushed to get a piece of paper towel and told her: "You have got to let me help you! or you will die!"

It took her a moment to get on the paper towel. Then I gently took her outside to the 'open' porch where I placed her on the wooden rim, putting some drops of honey mixed with water near her for her to drink, in hopes that it would give her strength to fly again, but she seemed terrified, shivering  at my presence.  

My mind went to solutions, solutions! What came to me was to put my hand over her and send her healing energy and prayers.  Still no response. 

I decided to let her be and give it some time. After about an hour it had drizzled and she had moved from the brown paper towel to the rim of the porch near where the honey was placed. Perhaps there was hope? I spoke to her, telling her how loved she was and communicated some loving thoughts and words for her to trust me.  

Then something impulsed me to place my hand near the old wooden rim, to see  what Bitty would do?  To my surprise she  turned around and  gently step by step got on the palm of my hand and rested. Then she became alive and started cleaning her antenas and her legs and looked up at me with her black solar eyes.  She seemed to be happy. Something really had shifted for her.

She continued to lay there for a moment as we connected. It was an indescribable moment. I waited. What would she do next? She seemed to be absorbing something from my hand, perhaps energy and comfort, so it felt. Then she gently walked backwards, turned around on my hand and got  back on the rim.  

All of a sudden she took a step forward, then to my huge surprise she spread her little  motorized wings, and took flight. She flew up, back into the garden of Eden that stood before us both.






My awe was complete. My jaw wide opened. What had happened? It was unexplainable. She definitely could not fly before. She had tried several times, and when I got near her, she just stood there shivering, otherwise she would have flown away previously, but she didn't. She didn't! Because, she couldn't. She really couldn't.  To my awe and surprise, after sitting on my hand, she had taken the strength somehow to fly back freely into the forrest.

It was a miracle indeed.  How? Nature and its thousand unfolded mysteries... 

But a  miracle for whom? for Bitty the Bee? who was able to fly back into her freedom, or for me? 

My mind had been pondering, as I had looked at Bitty the Bee, how she had sat on my hand, had greeted me, made a connection, reminding me, to be Still, to listen, to just Be... simply.... Be.

Was it a message from the other side? Was someone coming in to give me some kind of message through her? Was she teaching me of the power of love?

After having decided to let it go...  I remembered! 

Smiled and walked.... away... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Miracle in Disguise

FRAU HERMIN A week ago I receive a message on Facebook from someone: "Did you go to the German School by any chance?" to which I responded a, "Yes! why?"  "I have something for you. Do you have whatsapp?" "Yes, here is my number." I replied. What he shared with me pulled me right out of my socks. I The bell rang. It was time. It was time for that class. It was time for that class that I dreaded so much. I had arrived early that morning on the bus that crossed the bumpy road to the main gate, where all the school buses parked. My leather backpack was somewhat heavy, yet I loved it. It was given to me by my mother. We had bought it in a nice place at "el mercado de artesanias." It was a good partner in my first days of school, learning how to read and write and the gist of things in the world of education.  The school had recently moved to that far away location, that stood proud in the lands of my countr

Emilia's Secret Wish

Emilia's Secret Wish Emilia was swinging under the tree in the Autumn garden. Her beautiful long young hair was set up in a nice ponytail sealed with bows of pink and purple.  As she dangled herself back and forth, she looked  up to stare at the clear blue skies that were gently brushed by a soft white cloud here and there. Wondering! This was the very day. She wanted to be with her daddy, who was far far away where only birds could fly or only those big big heavy metal machines could arrive. She then swang slowly until she came to a full stop, dragging her feet in the dusty dirt beneath the swing looking down at her pearl white shiny "charol" shoes. A knot welled up in her throat as tears began to trickle down her seven-year-old cheeks.  Then she remembered that her purse was hanging across her chest. She slit her small hand into it and took out her tiny little Minnie Mouse coin purse and began to count 25 cents, 50 cents, a dollar, $2, until

'Dora' the Lady Bug

Dora  the Miracle Lady Bug Nature always speaks to us, through its many colors, contours, winds and airs, sounds and mysteries, and especially through animals and their unique characteristics and totem meanings and scriptures. I really believe animals speak to us every day giving us messages to help us have a more meaningful life, filled with magic in a deeper sense and sensibility .  I woke up early that morning, grabbed my iphone and walked towards the porch to have my morning green juice, then placed my iphone" (addictive as it is) on the rim of the porch. When suddenly I became aware that there was a beautiful orange ladybug with a glow of a big hello. I greeted it with  a smile and felt great joy in my heart for they represent good fortune, and other deeper totem meanings, plus are so beautiful an vibrant. After a moment I became aware that it could not fly. It tried several times to stretch its wings yet one of them seemed to not work very well. Somehow